Saturday, June 16, 2012

Most often lately I've been concentrating on hiding geocaches than finding them. I try not to watch the find count as much, but here are the stats. The Cache kids at this point on June 16th 2012, we've found a total of 67 caches and I've hidden 6 all together. My hides are mostly in Milan, Mi, but there is one just outside the city's limits. I like the creativeness that comes along with making a new geocache. Several things go into creating a new hide. Finding the spot that you want people to visit, the container you'll use, the log sheets for signing, swag to start off with, prizes for the first to find and the name you want to give this new hide. Sometimes it's taken me hours to get the ball rolling. I should be more efficient, but why be when I'm having fun doing it right? 

This week, I visited one of my new spots, just as a family was finding it. I've only had the privilege of speaking with geocachers on one other occasion and I wish that I had that opportunity more often. In the near future I'm hoping to do an event cache that I can link up with people that have this as a hobby as well. 
Scenic views 

Just in case you catch a train and need a seat

Nature Park in Milan

1 comment:

  1. Great idea about maybe hosting an event in your area! (There are hardly ever events south of I-94)

    ReplyDelete