Tuesday, May 7, 2013


Just a few things to keep in mind... when geocaching

  1. Do not endanger yourself or others 
    The cache kids on the trail
  2. Observe all laws & rules of the area 
  3. Respect property rights and seek permission where appropriate 
  4. Avoid causing disruptions or public alarm 
  5. Minimize my and others' impact on the environment 
  6. Be considerate of others
  7. Protect the integrity of the game pieces 

    This is the general etiquette that a geocacher should follow when placing or searching for a cache. It's a part of the "Geocachers Creed", the document which is generally recognized as a guide book for those who partake in this great outdoor activity. Here is a link to the full details of this document if you are interested. http://www.geocreed.info/

    In my short career in this hobby, I've come across many types of containers, locations and people, and I look forward what's around the corner. Keep in mind, that I haven't gone "FANATIC" as of yet. I still have maintained a bit of sanity when it comes to geocaching. What I mean is, I don't have to get a smiley each day of the week, month or year. I don't have to find every cache within a 50 mile radius, I still pick and choose what, where and when I do this. There have been areas that I just won't go to look and have passed up an opportunity because I felt that these areas weren't interesting enough. But all that aside, I enjoy finding new parks, trails or fun places that I would have never have gone had I not been looking for a geocache. I love the creative hides, the letterbox hybrids, the virtual caches and sometimes even a well hidden multi-cache. This weekend is mother's day weekend, and I may have to suspend this hobby for the sake of my wife sanity. Although she does enjoy hunting with me at times,I think that she wants the girls and I around her to celebrate...but I could be wrong. 

    Happy Hunting Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment